Friday, April 3, 2009

What's Coming Up: Mark Your Books

Dear Friends,

Some exciting events are forthcoming for me, and I wanted to get the word out to all of you.

First up, I will be doing my inaugural D'var Torah at Dorshei Emet, aka "The Cool Shul" in Hampstead, Montreal, on April 18th at 10 a.m. with Rabbi Ron Aigen. This D'var will discuss (Lev. 10:1) and my topic will be The Sounds of Silence, or Writing Out of Speechlessness. My D'var will be in honor of Yom Hashoah, Holocaust Remembrance Day, which is Tuesday, April 21st. I will be sharing a short excerpt of The White Space Between as well.

Next, on Friday, April 24th, at 4-5 p.m., I'll be participating in "Readings In the Afternoon" at BlueMet International Literary Festival here in Montreal. I'll be reading from The White Space Between and am honored to share the stage with three other interesting authors,Monique Proulx, Eric Siblin, and Andrew Steinmetz. A signing in the festival bookstore will follow. BlueMet will take place at the Delta-Ville Hotel, 777 University Street and our reading will be in the auditorium. The Festival runs from Wednesday April 22nd through Sunday 26th, so stop on by. A.S. Byatt will be reading and have an on-stage interview and other fascinating folks will be participating as well, such as two personal favorites, the brilliant journalist and memoirist, Daniel Mendelsohn, and the fascinating novelist and memoirist, Donald Antrim, both from New York City. Contact eve.pariseau@bluemetropolis.org for more details.

Then I'm heading to the lovely city of Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota, home of my BFF. There, I will be doing a reading, talk, and signing at the Sabes Jewish Community Center in St. Louis Park. My event will take place on Wednesday, May 6th at 7 p.m.

I am keeping fingers crossed about having a radio interview on Write On! radio in MN and will keep you posted on that.

Later in May, I'm off to the place of my birth, New York City, on May 31st-June 2nd to attend the Jewish Book Council's "Meet the Author" event during their annual Networking Convention. I will present The White Space Between and then attend the schmooze and dinner. I'm honored to be included in the JBC's Author On Tour program on behalf of The White Space Between for their 2009/10 season in the Big Beautiful US.


Look forward to seeing y'all around and about.


Check my website Amisandsbrodoff.com in the news and events section for further details.

-Ami

1 comment:

Leo said...

It is so very encouraging to see so many events being scheduled for your book.

They are not blockbuster events with national media flare, but they are crucially important to get the word out about a worthy title.

On a related note, I see that Canadians seems to be increasing their book purchases, a trend that is opposite to what is happening in the USA and UK, where the book market is collapsing.

I would hazard to say that your Canadian events had a role to play in boosting book sales in this country.

I sincerely hope that your US events will have a similar effect.

And yes, I will attend the April 24event, sneaking out of work as if leaving for the country early.

Good luck with all the events. You and airports will be good friends.